1.31.2006

More trouble at Lego...

...and now Google...

I've expressed some concern about Lego the company and how they have unmonitored robot trucks moving around their factories. Now, I see they have a relatively new line of Legos, wherein the heroes are guys in giant "mechas" fighting evil robot-driven mechas (so yes, they're each driving giant robots, but it's the humans versus other robots). Well, at least they've adequately described the intentions of the robots, but is the whole thing a smokescreen to cover up the factory robots' plans? Danger Rating: 2 (Though the situation clearly bears watching...)

In other, more disturbing news, I found this article from CNNmoney that explains that in the (near) future, a "Strong AI" (a computer program capable of upgrading its own code) is far more likely to come out of "google-like data-mining" than a robotics lab. *Gulp* I mean, we're talking Google here people. Everything they touch like... works... and is accepted and popular. They're like the anti-Microsoft. Though since Google also owns Blogger I don't think they're going to let me get to the Danger Rating: 9, which I place on the high end of the scale for the reasons I just listed...

No comments: