1.25.2006

I'm Sure It Started As A Good Idea...

Greetings carbon blobs.

For my first post, I'd like to start a featured list that I will hereby refer to as The Best Intentions. This list will be composed of links to articles featuring new technology that, carried to it's logical conclusion, will one day assuredly lead to the destruction of humanity, or at the very least, subjugation from our future robot overlords. I will also be grading each technology on a scale of 1 to 10 with relation to it's potential danger to humanity. 1 meaning, "Shyeah. I'm SOOOO scared little robot! Beat it before I feed you to my Furbie." 10 meaning, "I for one welcome our Robot Overlords and remind them that I can be quite useful in distributing propaganda while the rest of humanity toils in the mines."

To begin the list, I offer this informative piece concerning the invention of nanomotors, which appear from the description to be microscopic generators capable of powering nanotechnology. Best of all, they run on solar power.

You may ask why I have added this to the list. If I have to spell it out for you then here it is: In the future, the swarms of robot nano-assassins that will undoubtedly rule the skies will now be able to rove freely during the daylight hours without ever needing to stop and refuel.

Danger Rating: 5 (What works for them also works for us, and with the advance warning I'm providing, someone somewhere with an iota of sense will start working on countermeasures pronto. And at least we'll have a fighting chance after sundown.)

Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: