12.12.2006

Robots Invade the Social Network

By way of Fark.com comes this article from the Japanese newspaper The Daily Yomiuri Online. An association has been created to promote robot businesses.

At first, I wasn't sure if this meant businesses using robots or businesses run by robots. Boy, that was a nervous couple of seconds, let me tell you. Have no fear. At least for now, there are no 'bots in the Rotary Club...so far as we know.

Five working groups are expected to be formed to help stimulate the robot industry. These will deal with things such as using robots more in wellfare services to insurance for accidents caused by robots. My question is: Will the insurance cover me when the robots break into my house to steal my medication?

At least Sam Waterston's career is safe.

No comments: